Payroll Technician Certificate
To view the next enrolment date please click here
Starting with PAYE and NIC this course will equip you with the skills necessary for the preparation of manual payments and correction of errors. The Payroll Technician Certificate then moves on to the complex rules of SMP, SPP, SAP, SSP and associated leave and contains all recent legislative changes, providing clear explanations on qualification, entitlement and calculation of the above statutory payments and leave. The course concludes by considering court orders, student loans and a look at PAYE “K Codes”.
Who is this qualification aimed at?
- New or experienced people in payroll who want to understand what payroll software does for them and those who need the ability to calculate or check calculations manually
- Those working in HR and finance with responsibility for advising employees and calculating company reimbursements will find this course useful
- Staff with some payroll experience looking to further their knowledge
- Individuals who are considering enrolling on year two of the Foundation Degree in Payroll Management that want to refresh their knowledge on the fundamentals of day to day payroll operations
Why others have chosen this course?
We asked our existing Payroll Technician Certificate students what made them choose this course, they said…
- Convenience – there is a qualification starting each month so you don’t have to wait for the academic year and studies can be fitted around your other commitments
- Reputation of the CIPP
- The duration of study – a basic payroll qualification can be achieved in just 26 weeks
- Getting the best from your team
- Calculating gross pay and apportionment of gross pay
- Voluntary and statutory deductions
- The pay statement
- Tax codes and tax free pay
- Tax percentages and rates
- P45 and P46 procedures
- Use of tax/NIC tables
- NI percentages and rates
- Starters and leavers
- Revenue audit processes and penalties for non-compliance
- Recovery procedures and offsetting
- Resolving disagreements on entitlement
- Statutory entitlement and qualification criteria
- Exclusions and ceasing entitlement
- Calculating payments
- Record keeping and statutory forms
- Court orders and Attachment of Earning Orders
- Student loans
- Overview of end of year statutory requirements
- Basic payroll obligations
On completion delegates should be able to:
- Calculate gross income
- Calculate PAYE and NIC liabilities
- Correctly handle starter and leaver payments
- Understand the sequence required for calculations
- Understand and confirm systems output
- Understand the implications and calculate the correct amount of statutory sick, maternity, paternity and adoption payments
- Accurately calculate what their company can reclaim from the government
- Minimise the potential for offences and penalties
- Understand a broad range of payroll obligations
- Apply current legislation to the payroll function
- Calculate and record a variety of payroll requirements
The price of this course is £995.00 + VAT.
The entire course is delivered via the CIPP’s online learning platform, including comprehensive documentation and supported by a series of interactive activities including online presentations.
Assessment is primarily via continual assessment with a worked payroll scenario at the end where you will be required to calculate a manual payroll, putting your new skills to use.
You will be awarded the CIPP Payroll Technician Certificate. Learners wishing to further develop their knowledge and skills will be able to undertake the Institute’s APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning) interview free of charge, and if successful will gain direct entry to year two of the prestigious Foundation Degree in Payroll Management.
The closing date for bookings is one week prior to the course. If a course has closed and you'd like to find out if there's any remaining spaces, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 712 1000.